Oven Baked Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
This jalapeno popper recipe is very easy to make since you bake it in the oven instead of deep frying it. If you're looking for a quick and easy recipe to throw poppers together whenever you want then this is the one for you.
To help with this oven baked jalapeno poppers recipe we recommend getting a jalapeno rack
. You can definitely make it without one but we've found many uses for them. If you have a rack we recommend destemming and deseeding the jalapenos and leaving them whole from that point. It give them a little better presentation.
Jalapeno Popper Oven Baked Instructions
- 1 Pound Jalapeno Peppers
- 12 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 8 Ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 5 Slices of Bacon
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cup Dry Bread Crumbs
Jalapeno Popper Oven Baked Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fry the bacon in a saute pan until crispy. Let cool slightly and then crumble.
3. Mix the cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and crumbled bacon in a bowl. This mixture will act as the stuffing for the jalapeno poppers.
4. Cut off the stem from each jalapeno, cut them in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
5. Fill each jalapeno half with the jalapeno popper stuffing mixture.
6. Roll each jalapeno in the bread crumbs to coat the stuffing with bread crumbs.
7. Place the jalapenos 1 layer deep in a lightly greased baking dish and bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the bread crumbs begin to turn golden brown.
8. Serve the jalapeno poppers with ranch dressing or sour cream.
Love Chile Peppers?
Come learn about 39 different chile peppers. Some are mild like the Anaheim and some are so hot they are literally being used as weapons. Complete with information about their origin and history, uses, and full-color photographs!
Available on Amazon.com
or as a PDF Download